Welcome to Camestone Lower School's Website
On behalf of children, staff and governors, I would like to welcome you and your child to Camestone Lower School.
This web site aims to give you information about our school and the education we can offer your child. I hope it will be a useful source of information throughout your child’s time with us.
Camestone Lower School is a happy, lively place where everyone is expected to work hard, try their best and achieve their full potential. We believe in a strong relationship between home and school and that working together with families is the best way to ensure success for the children.
Our Ofsted report (July 2013) stated:
- Camestone is a ‘Good’ school.
- Pupils make good progress during their time at school and attain above-average standards in English and Mathematics.
- Pupils behave well. They feel very safe, are polite, attend regularly and enjoy school.
- There is good provision for pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
- The headteacher, senior leaders and governors are providing good leadership which has led to the better rates of pupil progress.
- Parents and carers speak highly of the work of the school and are very pleased with the support for their children.
If you are a prospective parent we do hope that you will be able to visit us and experience our commitment to creating a caring and supportive atmosphere throughout the school.
Mr. Paul Stanyard